The health and safety of the patients, doctors, and staff at our facility are our top priority – especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be assured that at The Surgery Center of Chester County, we are taking all necessary precautions to keep everyone who visits our surgery center safe and healthy.
Our COVID-19 Policy
The Surgery Center of Chester County follows all federal and state regulated guidelines and mandates regarding COVID-19. Based on these guidelines, the protocols and procedures listed below have been adopted by us to help protect our patients, staff, and community.
Our COVID-19 Protocols
- All patients are screened prior to entering our surgery center, typically through verbal questioning and a temperature check.
- If a patient presents any COVID-19 symptoms – such as fever, cough, muscle pain, headache, or sore throat – or admits to having been exposed within the mandated timeframe, the patient will be asked to leave and to contact their provider to have the surgery rescheduled after the appropriate quarantine time.
- All patients, visitors, and staff are required to wear appropriate masks at all times while in the surgery center.
- Only the patient is allowed to enter our surgery center – unless the patient is a minor.
- If the patient is a minor, one parent or a patient representative is allowed to accompany the patient into the registration area and may wait in our lobby until the patient is in recovery.
- If the patient is an adult, all family members, friends, and/or patient representatives must wait outside the surgery center during the patient’s procedure. Friends, loved ones, or patient representatives should provide the front desk with a call-back number where they can be reached when the patient is ready for discharge.
- When a patient is ready for discharge, a patient’s friend, loved one, or representative will be called to return to the center and provided directions to the patient discharge area, where the patient will be brought out to the waiting vehicle. Or, when necessary, instructions will be provided on how to enter the facility through the discharge area to be present for post-op instructions.
- The Surgery Center of Chester County follows all guidelines in accordance with the CDC and infection control with regard to cleaning the waiting room, lobby, and high-contact areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available to staff, patients, and visitors throughout the surgery center.
Do you have additional questions or concerns about what we’re doing to help reduce the spread of COVID infections? Call The Surgery Center of Chester County in Exton, Pennsylvania, at (610) 594-8900 to find out more.